By: Erika Pisano
Between December through March, our lips are falling off, our skin is dryer than the Sahara, our hair begins to static, and we feel like we are getting hypothermia while the crisp air blows on our face.
As soon as the temperature begins to drop, our everyday beauty routine must be put on pause for a quick warm up. To survive these brutal days, all you need is some new tips, a warm turtleneck, and a really amazing moisturizer.
- The number one rule in Winter Beauty is perfecting your face wash routine. One brand I can swear by is Philosophy. Every day if you follow this simple routine, I can assure positive results leaving your skin clean, smooth, and radiant- even if the cold weather tries to dry it out.
- Every morning wash with Purity
- Moisturize with Take a Deep Breath Gel
- This facial moisturizer is so light you can apply as many times as needed throughout the day. This is the best moisturizer I have yet to try.
- End the night with a subtle exfoliator, The Micro-delivery Exfoliating Facial Wash to clean out all pores.
- Moisturize again with Take a Deep Breath Gel
- One major rule of winter is to keep those lips bold and moisturized. Every morning apply Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment to lock in all-day moisture for plump soft lips and top it off with a bold Rouge Look by Dior. (My favorite color is by far Daisy Plum)
- Nobody enjoys the static that the cold weather brings to our hair! There is nothing more annoying then trying to pull your hair back with constant static flyaways! With these products, your hair is for sure to stay smooth, silky, and totally secure.
- Once a week sleep with the Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque. In the morning when you wash out your hair with Suave Moroccan infusion, your hair is guaranteed to have a salon look finish. After towel drying your hair spray it with the One ‘N Only Argan oil spray. Whether or not you like to blow dry or air dry your hair- your hair will see results just after one try of this routine.
- Just until this winter, I couldn’t figure out what the best products were for my dry face. I hated the look that I would get when I would put on face makeup with dry skin and no matter how much moisturizer I would put on, I still got that unfortunate look. With Nars Tinted moisturizer, you will never have to worry about dry skin. After moisturizing, apply a drop of this product and your skin will have the tinted look foundation would give, but with the special ingredient of SPF for a more smooth look. To top off this natural face look, add Chanel’s compact foundation underneath your eyes to perfect the natural glow your skin can have.
- Whoever wants bold sun-kissed tone to their skin during the cold season without the worry of a tanning bed, use Too Faced products. Mixing these two products together give your cheeks the perfect glow for any skin tone. The Sun Bunny Bronzer and the Your Love Is King blush are my two favorite go-to coloring products.
- Although it may seem tempting to throw on sweatpants and a sweatshirt, the perfect way to master your winter look is to bundle up in nothing but the chicest outfits out there. Keep your neck warm with your favorite turtle neck paired with a cool pair of leather leggings and top it off with a puffy coat for the perfect winter apparel. Add a cute cross-body filled with must-need accessories and you are ready to take on the cold day in the best way.
- We need to fill up that cross-body with all cold necessities, right? A little tip- always carry these three items in your bag, I guarantee you will need them! Burt’s Bees Lip Balm, Nivea Hand Cream, and Fingerless Gloves are everything when you are on the go. The fingerless gloves secure warmth, while giving your fingers the access they need to reapply your chapstick whenever your feeling a little dry.
By following these tips, your winter beauty routine should heat up a little. Enjoy the warmth xo